Set up an editor
You can build apps with Flutter using any text editor combined with our command-line tools. However, we recommend using one of our editor plugins for an even better experience. These plugins provide you with code completion, syntax highlighting, widget editing assists, run & debug support, and more.
Follow the steps below to add an editor plugin for Android Studio, IntelliJ, VS Code, or Emacs.
Install any one of the following editors
- 1.Start VS Code.
- 2.Invoke View > Command Palette….
- 3.Type “install”, and select Extensions: Install Extensions.
- 4.Type “flutter” in the extensions search field, select Flutter in the list, and click Install. This also installs the required Dart plugin.
Use the following instructions for macos:
- 1.Start Android Studio.
- 2.Open plugin preferences (Preferences > Plugins as of v184.108.40.206 or later).
- 3.Select the Flutter plugin and click Install.
- 4.Click Yes when prompted to install the Dart plugin.
- 5.Click Restart when prompted.
This is optional section is just to make sure you have set up all libraries ready before using the product, please skip and go next menu item if you feel good with the installing, please refer to this guide https://flutter.dev/docs/get-started/test-drive